Serving as Member of Parliament for Ynys Môn between 2001 and 2019, Albert’s political career includes:
- Member of the House of Commons Welsh Affairs Committee, specialising in devolution, transport and energy.
- Member of the House of Commons Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee, lead member on low carbon technology, shipping and surface transport.
- Representing the UK Parliament and House of Commons International Development Committee at COP21 Paris Climate Accord.
- Member of the Speakers’ Panel of Chairs – chairing Committee Bills, Statutory Instruments and debates.
- House of Commons Energy and Climate Change Committee – lead member on renewable and new nuclear energy and energy efficiency.
Albert is a Welsh speaker and has a University of Wales diploma in Industrial Relations and Welsh History, and a BA degree in Politics from the University of York.